1. Boys’ Clubs do not deprive poor children of the opportunity to participate in sports.
2. The cake was heavenly so I asked for more.
3. One must live in the United States five years in order to apply for citizenship.
4. Several members of the royal family have been held prisoner in the Tower of London.
5. In some cases of lapse of memory the loss may be limited to a single incident, whereas in other cases it may be so inclusive as to involve everything about an individual’s life.
6. Eyeglasses have been in use since about 1300.
7. Many politicians find that they can no longer afford the luxury of a personal chauffeur.
8. Attitudes on the two sides in the Revolutionary War precluded the possibility of a peaceful solution.
9. They had conclusive evidence that he had been defrauding his customers.
10. Psychologists have recently mounted an offensive against what they describe as nastiness toward students by educators.
11. A female mosquito produces between 100 and 300 eggs at a time and up to 3,000 eggs during her lifetime.
12. The tornado caused irreparable damage to the Florida citrus crop.
13. Numbing terror filled their brains as they witnessed the explosions.
14. The high mountain climate is cold and inhospitable.
15. After World War II, Russia emerged as a world power.
16. After leaving a particularly raucous concert, some rock music fans complain about ringing in their ears known as tinnitus.
17. Saint Elmo’s Fire is a Phenomenon that occurs when ships discharging harmless electrical charges into the atmosphere appear to shine.
18. The wagonmaster decided to ford the stream.
19. The ostrich egg is the largest egg of any non-extinct bird, while the smallest egg is the egg of the hummingbird.
20. A number of animals in Aesop’s fables are portrayed as being crafty.