1. Efficient air service has been made available through modern technology.
2. Some people fear racism will never completely disappear from the face of the earth.
3. The lingering disease gradually broke down his will.
4. Even though the critics are not enthusiastic, some of the plays off Broadway are very funny.
5. The galaxy slowly circles around a spherical center.
6. She was confused by the new customs when she first arrived, but now she feels more comfortable.
7. A shorter haircut would make her appearance better.
8. Aside from its reproduction on the one-dollar bill, the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States has hardly been used.
9. He had misgivings about repeating the experiment for the third time.
10. The founder of the American Red Cross was Clara Barton.
11. One of the most common uses of boric acid is as an antiseptic.
12. John’s unabashed behavior caused great concern among his teachers.
13. Nothing could efface the people’s memory of their former leader’s cruelty although many years had elapsed.
14. The sun’s intense rays distorted the image on the horizon.
15. The students arrived promptly at 9 o’clock for their biology class.
16. Sharks must swim all the time to avoid sinking.
17. A literary award has been established to honor Laura Ingalls Wilder.
18. Because of the gravitational pull of the sun, the earth and the other planets maintain an orbit around the sun.
19. To correct nearsightedness, most patients wear lenses that are thicker at the edges than in the middle.
20. Further arms limitations talks were called of when Congress failed to ratify the treaty.