1. He is person who understands his obligations and attends to them.
2. One should always temper enthusiasm with caution.
3. It was so foggy in the early morning that many drivers were late for work.
4. Professor Baker is a coworker of Professor Ayers.
5. The president is often awakened by a noisy crowd which assembles on the White House.
6. The TOEFL examination will begin precisely at eight-thirty.
7. When Professor Baker suffered a return of his illness, he was ordered to enter the hospital.
8. Many common illness may be treated at home without a doctor’s supervision.
9. He decided to subscribe to the magazine although it only came out biannually
10. The news of the president’s death astonished the world.
11. A word formed from the initials of a compound term is an acronym.
12. Contractors hire surveyors to mark the limits of the property before they begin construction.
13. In the United States, election campaign spending and contributions are regulated by the government.
14. Many desert animals have made adaptations that are strikingly similar to those of desert plants.
15. Oats were often harvested with a machine called a combine.
16. Heterogeneous catalysts are widely used in petroleum production.
17. A credit union can distribute earnings to its members as dividends.
18. A catalytic converter in the exhaust system of a car will cause the carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons to convert to carbon dioxide and water vapor.
19. The librarian noted that the book bindings were damaged during the photocopying process.
20. The counterfeit bills were a good facsimile of the real ones.