1. In order to assure that no infection will occur, a surgeon must wash his hands and arms with an antiseptic soap prior to operating.
2. The new manager’s aggressive behavior soon turned all the employees against him.
3. The fort now known as Fort McHenry was built prior to the War of 1812 to guard Baltimore harbor.
4. In the play “The Devil and Daniel Webster”, the retorts attributed to Webster may be more fiction than history.
5. From an airplane, the grasslands of the western praire appear almost as uniform as a placid sea.
6. Poet Emma Lazarus is perhaps best known for having written the sonnet inscribes on the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty.
7. Bread has been a staple of the human diet since prehistoric times.
8. The habitat of an animal should be large enough to yield copious supply of food.
9. Did you remember to fill the thermos?
10. Speech difficulties may sometimes be overcome if a person is shown where to place the tongue and teeth to make sounds.
11. The General Motors Corporation is the principal industry in Pontiac, Michigan.
12. Feather pillows are softer than foam pillows.
13. After the tremendous improvements of recent years, the hugeness of the first computers is almost shocking to us today.
14. When he was director of the company, his first accomplishment was to bring about better working conditions.
15. The flowers on the table were a manifestation of the child’s love for his mother.
16. Many new medicines today eradicate diseases before they become too widespread.
17. Neon light is utilized in airport because it can permeate fog.
18. Alaska boasts of several climates due to its lofty mountains. warm ocean currents, and frozen seas.
19. In a hot air balloon, the altitude is determined by the amount of fuel fed to the burner.
20. Because ion pumps contain no pumping fluid, they add far less contamination to a vacuum than the best diffusion pumps.