1. Prospects for an upturn in the economy remain bleak.
2. The teacher decided to take the students for a weekend trek.
3. Phosphorus is used in paints for highway signs and markers because it is bright at night.
4. When one is unfamiliar with the customs, it is easy to make a blunder.
5. During the Great Depression, there were many wanderers who traveled on the railroads and camped along the tracks.
6. This tapestry has a very complicated pattern.
7. The recycling of aluminum converses ninety-percent of the energy needed to make new metal.
8. The last week of classes is always very busy because students are taking examinations, making applications to the University, and extending their visas.
9. The drought was finally over as the fall brought in some welcome rain.
10. A satire by Mark Twain, the story is about a prince and a very poor person who exchange places for a time.
11. Silver was eliminated from quarters with the Coinage Act of 1965.
12. Translating literally from one language to another works unsatisfactorily at best.
13. We decided to pay for the furniture on the installment plan.
14. Our final assignment for the English class is to give an impromptu speech.
15. Most of the wounded passengers were quickly removed from the aircraft.
16. He was refused admission to the restaurant for not wearing a tie.
17. The revolutionary forces had to muster up enough men to oppose the British Army.
18. In some countries, nuclear power produces up to two-thirds of the necessary electricity.
19. There are hundreds of species of eels, some living in fresh water but most living in oceanic waters.
20. It is obvious that Mary Anne greatly loves her new husband.