1. It is no simple matter for chimpanzees accustomed to living with human beings to return to the wild.
2. The Romans had insatiable appetites for everything.
3. Rain lessens in the fall throughout most of the Appalachian Mountain region.
4. A vacant apartment in New York City is very difficult to find.
5. A series of columns supporting a large porch is typical of the architecture of pre-Civil War mansions in the South.
6. Library cards will expire when they are not used.
7. We will need to leave out some of the preliminary exercises at the graduation because of the large number of students receiving degrees.
8. Roget’s Thesaurus, a collection of English words and phrases, was originally arranged by the ideas they express rather than by alphabetical order.
9. The student’s application was turned down because it was incorrectly filled out.
10. When snow collects on top of a building during the winter, the weight sometimes weakens the construction, and occasionally causes the roof to collapse.
11. Volcanoes are formed where the plates in the earth’s crust meet.
12. The use of Navajo code-talkers resolved a situation of the utmost gravity in World War II.
13. Adverse reviews in the New York press may greatly change the prospects of a new Broadway production
14. Fear of pirate raids caused the Spaniards to fortify their coastline.
15. Many weak and incompetent rulers were overthrown by more powerful forces.
16. The passengers on the boat were mesmerized by the motion of the sea.
17. Marcia’s career involved a dual role for her as a counselor and a teacher.
18. The coveted Oscar was won by the best performing actor.
19. It will be necessary for the doctor to widen the pupils of your eyes with some drops in order to examine them.
20. Only five hundred people live in this tiny village.