Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
15 Countries around the world have begun to deal with the problem in various ways. Some countries, in order to circumvent the problem, have allocated large amounts of land to animal reserves. They then charge admission to help defray the costs of maintaining the parks, 20 and they often must also depend on world organizations for support. With the money they get, they can invest in equipment and patrols to protect the animals. Another solution that is an attempt to stem the tide of animal extinction is an international boycott of products made from endangered species. This seems fairly effective, but it 25 will not, by itself, prevent animals from being hunted and killed.
1. What is the main topic of the passage?
2. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “alarming” in line 6?
3. Which of the following could best replace the word “case” as used in line 6?
4. The word “poachers” as used in line 7 could be best replaced by which of the following?
5. The word “callousness” in line 9 could best be replaced by which of the following?
6. The above passage is divided into two paragraphs in order to contrast
7. What does the word “this” refer to in line 9?
8. Where in the passage does the author discuss a cause of extinction?
9. Which of the following could best replace the word “allocated” in line 17?
10. The word “defray” in line 19 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
11. The author uses the phrase “stem the tide” in line 22-23 to mean
12. Which of the following best describes the author’s attitude?