Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
The emphasis on faster operating room turnaround time, more effective 5 use of space and personnel and the presumed resulting cost reduction are commonly sought goals. These goals are important for all patients, but especially for the pediatric patient, who being much younger is free from systemic disease and requires simpler, shorter surgical procedures, and a shorter convalescence.
10 Despite many advantages pediatric outpatient surgery can have problems. Since children are usually healthy and usually recover from surgery, some doctors may assume that all such patients are outpatient candidates. There may be delays and inappropriate scheduling caused by rush, 15 by inappropriate consultation and previously undiagnosed diseases.
However, nearly all problems can be solved by proper patient selection. Many more patients than at present can undergo outpatient anesthesia, reducing the separation time of the child from the family. The advantages 20 listed above will be enhanced when combined with appropriate postoperative discharge criteria and out-of-hospital care. Everyone will benefit: the child, the family, the physician, the hospital staff and even the third party payer.
1. What is the main purpose of the passage?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the aims mentioned in the passage?
3. What does the author imply by saying that some doctors assume that all children can be outpatients?
4. The audience for this passage could most likely be?
5. What is the author’s attitude towards more outpatient surgery for children?