Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
5 Findings show that losing plants and animals is not only reducing our quality of life but actually endangering our very existence. We cut down rich rain-forests and replace them with one species plantations, such as pine and eucalyptus. We plough up meadows rich in different 10 grasses and herbs and replace them with one grass, for instance rye or wheat.
When a natural ecosystem is simplified the basic processes in the ecosystem are altered and even damaged. Without their bio-diversity 15 they are not able to serve as the natural cleaners of our planet. No longer are they able to absorb the carbon dioxide that is being produced in excess. The result is global warming, caused by the increase in the “greenhouse effect”, and ultimately, or even sooner, there will be a change in the world’s climate.
1. Which of the following is the best title for the passage?
2. Which of the following is NOT a species used to replace a rich ecosystem?
3. What is the purpose of paragraph 2?
4. What according to the passage might be the final result of the simplification of natural ecosystems?
5. What is the author’s attitude to the loss of biodiversity?