Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
15 Currently, about 80 percent of the information stored on computer systems worldwide is in English. Two-thirds of the world’s science writing is in English, and English is the main language of technology, advertising, media, international airports, and air traffic controllers. Today there are more than 700 million English users in the world, 20 and over half of these are nonnative speakers, constituting the largest number of nonnative users than any other language in the world.
1. What is the main topic of this passage?
2. The word “emerged” in line 3 could best be re-placed by which of the following?
3. As used in line 4, the word “elements” is most similar to which of the following?
4. The word “extended” as used in line 6 is more similar to which of the following?
5. Approximately when did English begin to be used beyond England?
6. According to the passage, all of the following contributed to the spread of English around the world EXCEPT
7. As used in line 7, which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “course”?
8. The word “enclaves” in line 10 could best be replaced by which of the following?
9. The word “proliferated” in line 11 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
10. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “stored” as used in line 15?
11. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “constituting” in line 20?
12. According to the passage, approximately how many nonnative users of English are there in the world today?