Đọc đoạn văn sau và trả lời các câu hỏi:
Once a band has signed the contract and has finished recording an album, the Publicity and Promotions department takes over. This department decides whether or not to mass produce and market the band’s album. 20 Most bands fail to make personal contacts in this second department, thus losing their voice in the important final process of producing and marketing their album. This loss of voice often contributes to the band’s failure as a recording group.
1. Which of the following statements best expresses the main idea of the passage?
2. As used in line 2, what is the meaning of the word “release”?
3. The phrase “an intricate” in line 4 could be best replaced by which of the following?
4. According to the passage, the initial contact between a band and a recording company is made by
5. The word “reciprocate” as used in line 12 could be best replaced by which of the following?
6. The word “investigation” in line 13 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
7. Which of the following words is most similar to the word “handle” as used in line 14?
8. As used in line 18, what is the meaning of “takes over”?
9. The author mentions that a band’s success is dependent on all of the following factors EXCEPT
10. According to the passage, the Publicity and Promotions department
11. The author uses the phrase “losing their voice” in lines 21 to illustrate that they
12. It can be inferred from the passage that