1. Jim was upset last night because he had to do too many home works.
2. Many people say that California is a state of geographic remarkable diversity.
3. Wood is still extensively used in construction even though the deterioration causing by weathering is one factor against its use.
4. We decided together with other members of the Astronomy Club to stay up all night to work the full noon next.
5. The professor told him to write a short but it must be comprehensive paper about the experiment.
6. They are known that colds can be avoided by eating the right kind of food and taking exercise regularly.
7. Because of his physical, Ben was able to lift the car out of the way.
8. After Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin in 1793, the cotton market had boomed.
9. Putting a large amount of information on a map, a variety of symbols are used.
10. This table is not sturdy enough to support a television, and that one probably isn’t neither.
11. Studies show that the new strategy is not so effective as the previous one.
12. Malnutrition is a major cause of death in those countries where the cultivation of rice have been impeded by recurrent drought.
13. Neither of the two candidates who had applied for admission to the Industrial Engineering Department were eligible for admission.
14. Lectures for the week of March 22-26 will include the following: The Causes of the Civil War, The Economy of the South, Battle Strategies, and Assassinating Lincoln.
15. Almost poetry is more enjoyable when it is read aloud.
16. Students in the United States often support themselves by babysitting, working in restaurants, or they drive taxicabs.
17. In 1975, according to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average life expectancy for people born during that year is 72.4 years.
18. Absolute zero, the temperature at whom all substances have zero thermal energy and thus, the lowest possible temperatures, is unattainable in practice.
19. In spite of her physician handicaps, Helen Keller graduated from Radcliffe with honors.
20. David is particularly fond of cooking, and he often cooks really delicious meals.