1. Mr. Peters used to think of hisself as the only president of the company.
2. There are many different ways of comparing the economy of one nation with those of another.
3. Before the invention of the printing press, books have been all printed by hand.
4. For many years, scientists studying the effects that the sun has on human skin.
5. Bahama Islands, comprising over 100 islands, are situated just off the southwestern coast of Florida.
6. The side of the pupil, according to psychologists, is effected by mental activity.
7. There is fewer rainfall on the West Coast of the United States than on the East Coast.
8. Water insects have multitudes of little branching tubes within them bodies which are always full of air.
9. Fountain pens first became commercial available about a hundred years ago.
10. The main office of the factory can be found in Maple Street in New York City.
11. Mary Harris Jones, known as “Mother Jones,” was a prominent figure in the labor movement at the turning of the century.
12. She wishes that we didn’t send her the candy yesterday because she’s on a diet.
13. Although a number of police officers was guarding the priceless treasures in the museum, the director worried that someone would try to steal them.
14. Stephen Crane’s story is a clinical portrayal of man as an animal trapped by the fear and hunger.
15. How many people know that the Brooklyn Bridge, built in 1883, were the world’s first suspension bridge?
16. Excavations in several mounds and villages on the east bank of the Euphrates River have revealed the city of Nebuchadnezzar, an ancient community that had been laying under later reconstructions of the city of Babylon.
17. Living in New York, apartments cost more to rent than they do in other, smaller cities.
18. With his father’s guidance, Mozart begun playing the clavier at the age of three and composing at the age of five.
19. That it is the moon influences only one kind of tide is not generally known.
20. Everyone does not know that words like chicory, cumin, crocus and saffron all come to we from the Sumericans in Mesopotamia in 3000 BC.