1. I certainly appreciate him telling us about the delay in delivering the materials because we had planned to begin work tomorrow.
2. One of history’s most spectacular executions were that of Damiens, the unsuccessful assassin of Louis XV of France.
3. Benjamin Franklin’s ability to learn from observation and experience contributed greatly to him success in public life.
4. An X-ray microscope enables a person to see on solid materials such as metal and bone.
5. Knowledges about cultures provides insights into the learned behaviors of groups.
6. There are many ways to preserve fruit, for example freezing, canning and to dry.
7. The new shopping mall being painted a bright pink, so potential customers who might otherwise drive past cannot fail to notice it.
8. What he was much better than me at chess became apparent after the first few minutes of the game.
9. Alexander Calder, who was originally interested in mechanical engineering, later became a sculpture.
10. A five-thousand-dollars reward was offered for the capture of the escaped criminals.
11. In additions to serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Attorney General is the head of the Justice Department.
12. Insulin, it is used to treat diabetes and is secured chiefly from the pancreas of cattle and hogs.
13. Dairying is concerned not only with the production of milk, but with the manufacture of milk products such as butter and cheese.
14. Regardless of your teaching method, the objective of any conversation class should be for the students to practice speaking words.
15. After the police had tried unsuccessfully to determine to who the car belonged, they towed it into the station.
16. Natural gas often occurs both together with petroleum in the minute pores of rocks such as sandstone and limestone.
17. The native people in the Americas were referred to as Indians because, according to the believe at the time, Christopher Columbus had reached the East Indies.
18. Many heavy work that was once done by hand can now be done more easily with the help of compressed air.
19. When T.S.Eliot’s “The Wasteland” appeared in 1922, critics were divided as to how good it was written.
20. The officials object to them wearing long dresses for the inaugural dance at the country club.