1. Some bumper stickers are very funny and make us laugh, yet another can make us angry because of their ridiculousness.
2. A jellyfish, which isn’t really a fish, it has no brain, no bones, and no face.
3. “Moby-Dick” is a novel that telling the story of a ship captain’s single-minded hatred of a huge white whale.
4. Smoking is the number one prevent cause of death in the United States.
5. Edmund Hillary, a famous climber New Zealand, learned the basics of his sport on the steep cliffs hanging over a rocky bay near his home.
6. The problems which beset the first settlers were nothing compared to those which faced the lately ones who landed further north.
7. They are going to have to leave soon, and so do we.
8. Dresses, skirts, shoes, and children’s clothing are advertised at great reduced prices this weekend.
9. Cotton used to rank first between Alabama’s crops, but it represents only a fraction of the agricultural production now.
10. The girl whom my cousin married was used to be a chorus girl for the Rockettes in Radio City Music Hall in New York.
11. The winter storm that raced through the area for the last two day moved east today.
12. If you will buy one box at the regular price, you would receive another one at no extra cost.
13. When he was a little boy, Mark Twain would walk along the piers, watch the river boats, swimming and fish in the Mississippi, much like his famous character, Tom Sawyer.
14. It is imperative that a graduate student maintains a grade point average of “B” in his major field.
15. They asked us, Henry and I, whether we thought that the statistics had been presented fairly and accurately.
16. Some executives require that the secretary is responsible for writing all reports as well as for balancing the books.
17. Although the Red Cross accepts blood from most donors, the nurses will not leave you give blood if you have just had a cold.
18. The most common form of treatment it is mass inoculation and chlorination of water sources.
19. Despite of the fact that backgammon is easy to learn, it is as difficult to play as chess.
20. The influence of the nation’s literature, art, and science have captured widespread attention.