|I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]|
When listening to a description of a lost child, what kinds of information would you expect to hear (e.g., the child’s name)?
HELPFUL TIP: Visiting amusement parks with your family can be fun. Just be sure you decide on a meeting place in case you get separated.
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
Listen to the announcement by pressing the “Play Audio” button, and answer the questions. Press the “Final Score” button to check your quiz.
“Hello Shoppers. We have a lost boy named Marshall who was found in the sporting goods section of our store, and he’s looking for his mom. He’s five years old, and he’s wearing a blue and white sweat shirt, tan pants, and a black and white baseball cap. You can find him at the check-out counter at the main exit. Thank you.”
|Key Vocabulary [Top]|
- section (noun): area
– You’ll find the orange juice in the drink section over there.
- tan (adjective): a light brown
– My brother is the man wearing the tan shirt.
- cap (noun): a tight-fitting hat often used in sports by baseball players
– Joshua wore his baseball cap to keep the sun out of his eyes during the game.
Leave A Comment