1. It is usually better not to ________ things, in case they are not returned.
2. It’s six years now since the Socialists came to ________ in that country.
3. He was killed in a car ________.
4. It’s nearly two years since I last ________ to a dentist.
5. The civil servant ________ his post because he disagreed with the Minister.
6. I don’t know where he lives now; he left this area many years ________.
7. There was a sudden loud ________ which made everyone jump.
8. The bill came to over a thousand dollars ________.
9. The junior Minister’s remarks on television about the strike ________ the Prime Minister so much that he was sacked.
10. The police have issued a full ________ of the murderer.
11. A lot of people find ________ art very difficult to understand.
12. He was ________ of understanding anything which involved numbers.
13. If there’s ________ for complaint, please inform the manager.
14. There was ________ enough cake for all of us to have a very small slice.
15. He was bitten by a mosquito, but he made things worse by ________ the bite all the time.
16. Contrary ________ my expectations there was no need to be uneasy about the results of the match.
17. She prides herself ________ her clean house.
18. Your conclusions are not consistent ________ the facts.
19. The coin was too small ________ in the grass.
20. This journal ________ in Poland for more than twelve years by now.