1. The new factory must be finished ________ as the profitability of the company depends on it.
2. The colour of the handle does not ________ so long as it is the right size.
3. We went to the railway station to ________ our friends ________.
4. He shouldn’t be allowed to play in the club. He’s not a ________.
5. After a day of housework I am totally ________.
6. There is no reason to ________ his honesty; he is absolutely sincere.
7. The constant ________ on their hands causes injury.
8. The League of Nations was set ________ after the First World War.
9. All good things must come to ________ end.
10. The evening performance had to be cancelled ________ of the illness of the leading actress.
11. Buses and trains are the most important forms of public ________ in this country.
12. You should have told me you were married, ________?
13. The books I borrowed are overdue. I’ll have to take them back to the ________.
14. The actor enjoys giving ________ of poems by his favourite poets.
15. The phone is ringing. Could you ________, please?
16. The pilot said that with one engine of the plane out of action, it had been ________ over the Channel.
17. All the travel arrangements ________ before we received a letter from him.
18. The last meeting of our section ________ on 15th September.
19. You are still working on your essay. I think you ________ it by six o’clock.
20. sharp practices = ________.