1. You can learn as much theory as you like, but you only master a skill by ________ it a lot.
2. I’m afraid a rise in salary is ________ just now.
3. I’ll ________ the children for you while you are out.
4. John and Barbara ________ to get married in St Mark’s church.
5. Have you a rough ________ of how many people are coming to the party?
6. As the waiter crossed the restaurant, he ________ over someone’s foot and dropped his tray.
7. When he heard the terrible noise he asked me what was ________ on.
8. I don’t think that red dress ________ her.
9. He ________ a very interesting story.
10. In pain as a result of the fall, he ________ slowly home.
11. Two ________ beers, please.
12. “Blood-________ are urgently required,” the spokesman for the hospital said.
13. She was so poor that she had to wander the streets and ________ for money.
14. I don’t agree ________ you.
15. She’s accustomed ________ living in comfort.
16. I drew a lot of money ________ the bank yesterday.
17. I wouldn’t have been ill if I ________ on that trip.
18. The doctor arranged for me to see the ________ at the hospital about the pain in my back.
19. I’m really angry with the way I’ve been treated by this company. I’ve had it up to ________ with the way I’ve been treated.
20. Although he seemed convincing, I was somewhat suspicious ________ his over-confident manner.