1. This ticket ________ one person to the museum.
2. I must tell you about my ________ when I first arrived in London.
3. It’s the ________ in this country for the father of the bride to pay for the wedding.
4. ________ people go to football matches now than twenty years ago.
5. Jenny and her sister are so ________, they could almost be twins.
6. In court, she was so upset that she broke ________.
7. I wish you ________ put your clothes on the floor all the time. It drives me mad.
8. You asked me to ________ you to post that letter.
9. It’s time we ________ away with our old-fashioned prisons.
10. Going to the pub too often can easily become a bad ________.
11. Perhaps some other boys will come ________, too.
12. He says he’s sorry for what he did, so you need not get angry ________ him.
13. He persisted ________ asking questions.
14. Mary ________ her hair were straight.
15. When are you eligible for ________?
16. I wouldn’t have written a letter to him if I ________ he would go away.
17. I would go and see him if he ________ away.
18. This is ________ the most difficult job I have ever tackled.
19. You have to be rich to send a child to a private school because the fees ________.
20. The murdered man is thought to ________ known the identity of his killer.