1. Take this road and you will ________ at the hotel in five minutes.
2. Oh no! When I was cooking these vegetables, I must have forgotten ________ any salt in.
3. They talked for three days before finally ________ to a decision.
4. My uncle is great. In our family, he’s ________ his cooking.
5. The new manager explained to the staff that he hoped to ________ new procedures to save time and money.
6. The accident was your fault – you ________ have been driving so fast.
7. Do you really believe in the ________ of the evil eye?
8. Tell me ________ what happened after Jennings hit the Minister.
9. Several of the trees in the park were ________.
10. My parents ________ that they will move to the seaside when my father retries next year.
11. Are you telling me that this shirt costs $100? You ________ be joking!
12. At a dinner to mark his retirement, Neville was ________ with a silver clock.
13. Scientists everywhere are trying to ________ a cure for AIDS.
14. This passport is valid ________ all countries except China.
15. He congratulated me ________ having got engaged.
16. Don’t write ________ the desk!
17. Don’t blame me ________ the accident!
18. We are fortunate ________ having sufficient supplies of fuel for the winter.
19. When I came in he ________ to repair his TV set.
20. The falling inflation rate is ________ to a decrease in the amount of borrowing.