1. You’re looking very pale, do you ________ sick?
2. This is a challenging position in the car industry for a qualified ________.
3. Jane and Margaret ________ to live next door to each other at one time.
4. Rodney is fluent ________ five languages.
5. Aunt Ida has never really ________ from her nervous breakdown.
6. He sent ________ from Mallorca.
7. She ________ to work a little bit harder if she’s going to pass the exam.
8. I met John ________ his bicycle along the pavement.
9. The manager expected the team ________ because they hadn’t done enough training.
10. He asked her so many times to do it that ________ she did so.
11. While the builders were repairing the roof they ________ the bathroom window.
12. You really can’t ________ a thing that woman says!
13. I tried to sew the button on myself, but I couldn’t thread the ________.
14. He ________ the letter carefully and put it in the envelope.
15. Has it occured ________ you that she must have arrived at London airport by now?
16. You must comply ________ the rules of the game.
17. He confessed ________ me that he had just been converted to some strange religion.
18. I am sure he would have liked your sister if he ________ her.
19. In order to ________ the deadline for submitting the research paper, the student tried to ________ additional time from the professor.
20. He says he doesn’t like his new school because he feels like a ________ out of water there.