1. I’m free this evening. ________ we go out to dinner?
2. Someone threw the drowning man a lifebelt in the ________ of time.
3. Children have to stay ________ school until they are 15.
4. The management received a lot of ________ about the poor service in their hotel.
5. It has been raining steadily and continuously for three days ________ now.
6. The opening ________ of the play took place in an army camp.
7. I don’t know what to do this weekend. Perhaps I ________ at home and do some work.
8. When you ________ him, give him my best wishes.
9. The sign in the cinema asks people ________ smoke.
10. Despite her undoubted ability at tennis, she never became the ________ of the local tennis club.
11. We went to see play last night and, ________ for Tony, we all enjoyed it very much.
12. I hate being unemployed. I’d feel much happier if I were in ________.
13. Four meters of this material ________ at $24.50.
14. It was difficult to ________ a date which was convenient for everyone.
15. There was nothing they could do ________ leave the car at the roadside where it had broken down.
16. Did anything emerge ________ your discussion?
17. He might be good at his job, but you can’t rely ________ him.
18. The concert began ________ a piece by an unknown composer.
19. When he realized it was four o’clock, he stopped ________ a rest and went on working.
20. Have you got time to discuss your work now or are you ________ to leave?