1. The only way to clean the box is to ________ it in soap and warm water.
2. It’s ________ to rain again before morning.
3. Little Angela hasn’t ________ her shyness yet.
4. The garage gave me a 5 per cent ________ for paying cash.
5. His cheek was very ________ after the wasp stung him.
6. ________ I have an orange juice, please?
7. Trade Union officials and management met today to discuss the ________ at the factory.
8. She was unable to warn her mother that she would be late because the telephone was ________.
9. Don’t ________ him to arrive early. He’s always late.
10. Our teacher explains things so quickly that sometimes I can’t ________ her.
11. I’m so sorry I’m late, the car broke ________ on my way here.
12. The Prime Minister signed the agreement ________ the British Government.
13. Who is going to pay ________ the damage?
14. George is jealous ________ his younger sister.
15. He might be good ________ his job, but you can’t rely on him.
16. He had been completely exhausted but felt considerably ________ after a meal and a rest.
17. My eldest brother intends to take ________ skating next winter.
18. The bank ________ planned to escape in a stolen car.
19. Which surgeon is ________ this month?
20. Mary was very annoyed that her secretary did not meet her deadlines, and she warned her that her laziness and ________ could result in her dismissal.