1. – Grace: I wish your parents invite us for holiday. – Monty: They can’t. They have ________ to accommodate us and the children too.
2. When they had ________ the new carpet, the workmen went back to the office.
3. It will ________ be Christmas.
4. Do be careful not to ________ your coffee on this white rug, Bill.
5. She had to leave her family ________ when she went abroad to work.
6. Metal ________ at high temperatures.
7. Because of the poor harvest, wheat prices have ________ in the last six months.
8. I’m ________ worried about Jane; she always seems to be tired.
9. I have difficulty ________ without glasses these days.
10. Our guest of honour arrived rather late. The party was already ________.
11. My brother plays his records ________ in his room at night, and nobody can get enough sleep.
12. It’s most unwise to ________ in a quarrel between a man and his wife.
13. I will ________ the idea with the other teachers and see what they think about it.
14. The farmer was very angry ________ the dogs chasing his sheep.
15. I think he’s quite honest ________ his intentions.
16. Dick will be waiting ________ them at the entrance door.
17. It’s no use complaining ________ the cold.
18. Furniture manufacturers are now ________ of the latest credit restrictions.
19. Jazz is an American art form which is now ________ in Europe through the determined efforts of ________ in France, Scandinavia, and Germany.
20. She was ________ disappointed when she learned that she had not got the job.