1. The boy fell into the river and was ________ along by the fast current.
2. In a greengrocer’s shop there is a lot of ________ when fruit and vegetables are not sold.
3. If you don’t know what the words means, why don’t you look it ________ the dictionary?
4. – Do I have to make that French course? – No, you ________.
5. He had no way of making a fire so he had to eat the fish ________.
6. Her plane takes ________ at 3 p.m.
7. The child was told to ________ for being rude to his uncle.
8. I’ll have to ________ to you, otherwise he will hear.
9. “I’ll call ________ you at 6 o’clock,” said James.
10. Try to write your figures clearly, the way Anne ________.
11. The concert was so ________ that the audience went to sleep.
12. When Mike entered the room, he looked rather pale and in ________ of a shave.
13. The traffic lights ________ to green, and the cars drove on.
14. Many people escaped ________ prison camps during the last war.
15. How long have you been working ________ this exercise?
16. I hope they will never be able to ________ his offer.
17. After I had discussed my plans with Professor Watkins I ________ to work on my dissertation.
18. Absenteeism per employee ________ out at 4 days a year.
19. The storm played ________ the cross-channel ferry crossings.
20. If you’ve got a ________ of cards, I’ll show you some tricks.