1. I shouldn’t imagine there is ________ on earth who can answer that question.
2. Children in large families learn how to get ________ with other people.
3. Hello. Is that 21035? Please put me ________ to the manager.
4. ________ pleasant it is to sit here in the shade!
5. I’m going to ________ my dress dry-cleaned.
6. I’m afraid Grandfather’s writing is becoming more and more ________.
7. They had to ________ some trees that had been standing for over a hundred years.
8. I ________ rather not go by coach, if you don’t mind.
9. “Thank goodness you have come ________!” she exclaimed in relief.
10. It was a magnificent car which must have belonged to a very ________ person.
11. I’ll give George your message the ________ I see him.
12. I had a ________ problem with my computer when I started to use it.
13. She is very stubborn, so it will be difficult to ________ her to go.
14. In the car park the detective came face ________ face with spy.
15. I can’t afford a TV so we’ll just have to do ________ one for the moment.
16. He is intent ________ passing the examination, but I’m doubtful about his chances.
17. ________ the evening Dick and Mark will meet again.
18. When he was washing his shirt in the bathroom, the telephone ________.
19. I am afraid, Mr Jones, that the bank is obliged to refuse your application for an extended ________.
20. The delay to the fight was brought ________ by bad weather.