1. I saw a thief take Norman’s wallet so I ran ________ him, but I didn’t catch him.
2. Could you ________ me to take back those library books tomorrow?
3. The new play at the National Theatre is well worth ________.
4. I’m not surprised you failed the exam. You ________ have worked harder.
5. ________ no need to buy traveller’s cheques since most countries take credit cards.
6. He retired early ________ ill-health.
7. ________ did I have a headache, I also felt quite sick.
8. John, do you think you could ________ me $50?
9. They tell me he is ________ a lot of money in his new job.
10. Mr Hanley was ________ of stealing one of the office typewriters.
11. Simon tried harder than ________, but I’m afraid he failed the test yet again.
12. All traffic is being ________ because of the military parades.
13. Don’t blame him ________ this; I am responsible for what has happened.
14. She often suffers ________ colds.
15. He ran so fast I couldn’t catch up ________ him
16. He’s never done any work. He lives ________ his mother.
17. The Inspectors’ report ________ in its comments on the standard of reading and writing among school leavers.
18. Our car ________ in the street so you can see it through the window.
19. Due to the ________ of the materials needed to manufacture the product and the ever-increasing demand for it, it is highly probably that the final cost to the consumer will ________.
20. When I tried to walk I had a sharp ________ in my leg.