1. It’s a good idea to see your doctor regularly for ________.
2. If we had known your new address, we ________ to see you.
3. Look, Mother! Jack has ________ you some flowers.
4. He played an active ________ in politics until he was well over 80.
5. Clock-making is very ________ work which takes years to learn.
6. She ________ him of wanting to marry her for her money.
7. It was raining very ________ so I took my umbrella.
8. The judge ________ him twenty pounds for parking his car illegally.
9. Do you know what the time the train ________ to Birmingham?
10. Mary never turned ________ at the cinema, although I waited over an hour.
11. The accused man ________ to give the police any more information.
12. Can you give me ________ information about taking my car abroad?
13. He was the only person to ________ the crash. Everyone else was killed.
14. He has always been fond ________ games.
15. I heard him ________ to Jim about his holiday plans.
16. All these sweaters are extremely ________ by the local residents of a small Scottish island.
17. Too many undergraduates think it is easy to ________ a job once they leave university. Unfortunately, jobs for graduates are getting scare. Finding a suitable one is another problem.
18. Bob’s always sucking up to the boss. I guess he’s ________ for promotion.
19. The poetry of Mallarme, like the poetry od most of the symbolists, is not clear and easily accessible but rather vague and ________.
20. as rich as ________ = extremely rich.