1. He often ________ about his expensive car.
2. Have you heard the news? Charles has got married ________ Sarah.
3. He went to bed ________ very ill.
4. Could you ________ me five pounds? I’ll pay you back next Monday.
5. Doctors hope that one day a cure for cancer will ________.
6. My wife and I have much pleasure in ________ the invitation to your daughter’s wedding.
7. He is a very ________ player. He practises for two hours every morning.
8. I had a ________, which I couldn’t explain, that something terrible was going to happen.
9. If you’re trying to lose weight, you should ________ off fatty food.
10. When he felt school, John decided to ________ a priest instead of studying languages.
11. She ________ drive to the station every day but then she suddenly decided to walk instead.
12. ________ hard he tries, John never wins at tennis.
13. When he was hit on the head, he ________ consciousness.
14. He got a bad mark because he had ________ a lot of mistakes in his homework.
15. The student who ________ in his exams was expelled from the school.
16. The car came round the corner ________ full speed.
17. I dreamt ________ you last night.
18. – Didn’t he wait for me? – No, he ________.
19. If I can’t come back on time, Betty ________ her dinner alone.
20. As black as ________ = very dirty.