1. People wore ________ they liked to the party: it was very casual.
2. He drives so quickly that I am afraid that one day he will ________ someone crossing the street.
3. Don’t worry: the snake is perfectly ________.
4. One of the main advantages ________ the new PCX 232 personal computer is that it is very simple to operate.
5. You’d better set off ten minutes early ________ there is a lot of traffic.
6. When I saw Bill’s reaction, I bitterly regretted ________ told him.
7. The shirt I was wearing today was torn, but I don’t think anyone ________.
8. This is the oldest building ________ the village.
9. She was singing an old Spanish folksong, a favourite of ________.
10. So ________ people came to the theatre that they had to cancel the performance.
11. Research scientists are still looking for a cure ________ heart disease.
12. Put the salt in the water and let it ________ before adding the vegetables.
13. It is far too hot for you ________ the garden.
14. She told Alan ________ for borrowing her guitar without permission.
15. If you interfere ________ other people’s affairs, you will regret it.
16. Are you aware of the difficulties that lie ahead ________ you?
17. I left my office after I ________ the last letter.
18. His doctor made him ________ in bed for a few days.
19. As quick as ________ = very quick (e.g. in running or seeing through a problem).
20. The police have not had time to complete their investigations, but they have concluded ________ that the explosion was caused by a bomb.