1. ________ you leave for the station very soon, you’ll miss the train.
2. I haven’t met him, but I did once ________ across his wife.
3. Tom ________ his next appointment at the doctor’s.
4. The wind blew so hard and so strongly that the windows ________ in their frames.
5. They would ________ go by air than spend a week travelling by train.
6. It’s all over between Pete and Anne: she’s walked ________ on him.
7. He has a bad cold and won’t be ________ to play in the match tomorrow.
8. He spoke so fast I couldn’t understand ________ he was talking about.
9. Please go in. Mr Jones is free ________ you now.
10. Everyone felt ________ for Mr Atkins when he lost his job at the factory.
11. What ________ will this decision have on the future of the club?
12. This year the roses were ________ a month earlier than usual.
13. Everyone shared ________ his happiness.
14. The climber failed ________ his attempts to reach the summit.
15. I tried to reason ________ him, but he was very rude to me.
16. Are you aware ________ the difficulties that lie ahead of you?
17. He is not different ________ anyone else.
18. The teacher often goes to see new exhibitions in art galleries. Dick usually goes there ________ him.
19. She worships the sun and ________ she always spends her holidays in Greece.
20. I’m afraid I can’t come over this afternoon because I’m tied ________ at the office.