1. The teachers at the school ________ with ‘flu one after the other.
2. The bank manager agreed to give me 200$, ________ the 500$ he had already lent me.
3. What do you usually ________ for delivering things?
4. She chose some attractive ________ paper for the Christmas present.
5. It was very beautiful cloth ________ from silk.
6. We’ve ________ of time to catch the train so there’s no need to rush.
7. He put the two letters into the wrong envelopes ________ mistake.
8. She seems very confident but you ________ never judge by appearances.
9. We couldn’t have our picnic because it began to ________ with rain.
10. The three friends all ________ for the same job.
11. Our plane was ________ for over four hours because of fog.
12. I have to be careful which soap I use, because my skin is very ________.
13. The government wants people to set ________ their own businesses.
14. He’s intelligent but he ________ common sense.
15. I wonder who drank all the milk yesterday. It ________ have been Jane because she was out all day.
16. The government is opposed ________ giving people large pay rises.
17. I will show you his letter if I ________ it.
18. After the ________ journey, the President sent a request to the Prime Minister asking that they ________ their meeing until he had an opportunity to refresh himself.
19. He gave a dramatic ________ of his adventures in the heart of Africa.
20. Many people are camping for the ________ of whale hunting.