1. Is there a bank where I can ________ these pounds for dollars?
2. The chief of police said that he saw no ________ between the six murders.
3. Smoking is a very bad habit, which many people find difficult to ________.
4. Would you ________ passing this book to Sue, please?
5. There’s ________ to be frightened of the dog; he’s quite harmless.
6. Her father won’t ________ her drive his car.
7. The competitors in the car rally had to follow the ________ laid down by the organisers.
8. If only I ________ play the guitar as well as you!
9. It is a great ________ that the exhibition was cancelled at the last minute after all your work.
10. On our ________ to France, the car broke down twice.
11. He has adopted three orphans ________ his own six children so that, altogether, he has nine children to provide for.
12. I cannot understand how you put ________ these depressing surroundings.
13. I regret to say that you will have to take things ________.
14. We ________ to go to the concert, but we ran out of time and so, we didn’t go.
15. No one ________ he was.
16. This house is cheap, but that one is ________.
17. If the line is busy, don’t wait and ________.
18. If they ________ to that party, they would certainly have decided to attend it.
19. If I saw Mark, I ________ him to a party.
20. I was very ________ not to pass of the message about the holiday being cancelled.