1. There is a ________ of $10.000 for information leading to the arrest of criminals.
2. He didn’t pay for the meal himself – he put it on his company’s ________ account.
3. I knew him ________ I was a child.
4. We ________ them run away from the accident.
5. I only have ________ days left in England, so I want to see as much as possible before I go.
6. He pretended that he agreed with me to avoid ________ my feelings.
7. Many fires could be ________ if new regulations were introduced.
8. My watch had stopped so I had no way of knowing the right ________.
9. A professor recently came ________ an unknown poem by Shakespeare while he was looking through an old book.
10. I could never beat Harry at chess; I’m just not in his ________.
11. Too much exercise can be harmful but walking is good ________ you.
12. I find it difficult to talk to Cecilia because we have so ________ in common.
13. Daniel’s attitude ________ his parents is very disrespectful.
14. Surely David’s not going to drive, ________ he?
15. You ________ pay for this information. It’s free.
16. You learn a language best ________.
17. It is generally assumed, however, that urgent discussions will continue ________ to bring the two sides together.
18. His house is nothing out of the ________, it’s just an average four-room house.
19. a ladies’ man = ________.
20. Mary was very annoyed that her secretary did not meet her deadlines, and she warned her that her laziness and ________ could result in her dismissal.