1. – Joan: Could I have another spoonful of your delightful pudding? – Maud: Oh dear, there doesn’t seem to be ________.
2. I shall go on working on the farm ________ I can.
3. Yes, sir. I’ll ask Mr Smith to ________ to you as soon as he returns.
4. A camera works by letting light through a small ________ at the front.
5. You will have to ________ your holiday if you are too ill to travel.
6. If we go to the market we might find a ________.
7. The plane was ________ by two hours because of bad weather.
8. Our guests didn’t leave until 2 a.m., so they ________ have enjoyed themselves.
9. Eve was sitting just ________ Peter and Harry.
10. She remembered the correct address only ________ she had posted the letter.
11. I have never ________ any experience of living in the country.
12. Could you lend me some money? I’m very ________ of cash at the moment.
13. The ________ were told to fasten their seat belts as the plane began its descent.
14. There are ________ trains running today because of the go-slow.
15. She isn’t ________ well with the new manager.
16. Has it ever occured ________ you that those twins are quite different from each other in many ways?
17. I’m ________ with your stupid questions.
18. If they had been able ________ it for you, they would have done it.
19. The police carried out a ________ search for the missing diplomat.
20. Fitting together the thousands of fragments of the broken vase was a long and ________ task.