1. When the soldiers were on the march, there was one man who was always out of ________ with the rest.
2. It is not ________ for you to eat too much.
3. Can this be the little girl ________ hair I used to stroke?
4. The reason I left is ________ I was bored.
5. You’re ________ who noticed that.
6. We heard her ________ to her little brother.
7. The team really looks good tonight because the coach had them ________ every night this week.
8. Almost everyone fails ________ the driver’s test on the first try.
9. Jane always asks my sister and ________ for advice.
10. I made a big mistake but nobody noticed and I got ________ it.
11. I’d be careful in my dealings with her. I’m sure she’s up to no ________.
12. Alan Clarke was an interesting man but sometimes he was a bit economical with the ________.
13. Try not be too impatient ________ him.
14. “I will succeed, with ________ help from my friends”, he said.
15. “The ________ response I got from her really drove me crazy”, he sighed.
16. Some authors are too ________ to critisism.
17. After a lot of difficulties, he ________ to open the door.
18. – Do you want to wait? – Two weeks ________ too long for me to wait.
19. She did six hours’ ________ studying a day for the exam.
20. ________ terrible weather!