1. Could you ________ me ten pounds until next payday?
2. Many kinds of ________ animals are disappearing or have already disappeared from the earth.
3. I ________ away for the next weekend.
4. She told him that if he ________ his promise, she ________ speak to him again.
5. They claimed they ________ the law.
6. I wish that we ________ with my brother when he flies to England next week.
7. The man who was driving the truck would not admit that he had been at fault, and ________.
8. John Kenedy was ________ of the United States.
9. Even when his reputation was in eclipse, almost everyone ________ that he had genius.
10. When he heard the terrible noise he asked me what was ________ on.
11. Do you ________ my turning the television on now?
12. You’re really old-fashioned. It’s time you got more ________ it.
13. They fooled me totally. They pulled the ________ over my eyes.
14. Too many undergraduates think it is easy to ________ a job once they leave university. Unfortunately, jobs for graduates are getting scare. Finding a suitable one is another problem.
15. Everything about her is borrowed, temporary, unstable ________.
16. The trunk of a tree or stalk of a plant is called the ________.
17. I hope you don’t mind ________ to come and meet her.
18. Look at these two pieces of material I have just bought. Which do you like ________?
19. What pretty ________ earrings you are wearing, Anna!
20. They claimed they ________ the law.