1. When Henry arrived home after a hard day at work, ________.
2. Kitchen appliances called blenders became ________ in the 1930s, when Stephen J. Poplawski developed a machine that excelled at making his favorite drink.
3. Sometimes ________ wears people out and is worse than the lack of sleep itself.
4. John said that no other car could go ________.
5. The attorney told his client that ________.
6. Doctoral students who are preparing to take their qualifying examinations have been studying in the library every night ________ the last three months.
7. The Internal Revenue Service ________ their tax forms by April 15 every year.
8. ________ pitched his first major-league game, Joe Nuxhall was only fifteen years old.
9. ________ occasions for congratulations.
10. _______, he would have signed his name in the corner.
11. There is evidence to suggest that, at certain times of the year, smog in the Arctic is thicker ________ anywhere else on earth.
12. The speaker is ________.
13. Sedimentary rocks are formed below the surface of the earth ________ very high temperatures and pressures.
14. In his inaugural speech, John Kennedy ________ that we should not ask what our country could do for us but what we could do for our country.
15. There are three kinds of solar eclipses: one is total, another is annular, and ________ .
16. Keynes argued that to avoid an economic depression the government ________ spending and lower interest rates.
17. A hero of the war of 1812, ________ President of the United States.
18. The various types of bacteria are classified according to ________ shaped.
19. Franchising offers many advantages to small business owners ________ problematic.
20. Jane changed her major from French to business ________