1. Farmers look forward to ________ every summer.
2. Hollywood, the heart of America’s motion picture industry, ________ of Los Angeles a century ago.
3. Built at the beginning of the century, the Library of Congress houses one is of the largest ________ collections of books in the world.
4. A home computer ________ an opportunity for convenient and efficient work at home.
5. After ________ in his application form, he went to pay the membership fee.
6. The spectators were sitting quietly in the stand ________ had just been completed.
7. Captain Henry, ________ crept slowly through the underbrush.
8. ________ William Shakespeare is the most widely known.
9. The earth spins on its axis and ________ 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09 seconds for one complete rotation.
10. A pet can act as a barometer ________.
11. By declining to run for presidential reelection in 1808, Thomas Jefferson ________ the two-term tradition still followed, with but a few exceptions, to the present day.
12. Uranus is just ________ to be seen on a clear night with the naked eye.
13. Arizona ________ a very dry climate.
14. Iron ________ for weapons and tools in the Bronze Age following the Stone Age.
15. The general public ________ a large number of computers now, because prices are beginning to decrease.
16. Football teams don’t play in the Super Bowl championship ________ either the National or the American Conference.
17. The foreign policies ________ the Hoover administration undertook in 1929 were marked by good will and peaceful purpose.
18. Antarctica is larger ________, but it has no native human population.
19. According to some records, Carl Sandburg ________ was expelled from West Point Military Academy because of deficiencies in English.
20. ________ the catfish is prized for its taste.