1. Those students do not like to read novels________test books.
2. The new professor would have been easier to understand if he ________ some examples on the board.
3. Julie ________ to take part in the seminar after all.
4. The professor said that ________.
5. There has not been a great response to the sale, ________?
6. As a safety precaution, all city cabdrivers carry only enough money to make change for a ________ bill.
7. ________ to use pigeons for observation purposes on sea-rescue missions.
8. ________ the news from war zones is inevitably censored.
9. ________, the nation’s capital remained in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
10. People all over the world are starving ________.
11. ________ growing awareness of social ills, Edna Saint Vincent Millay wrote increasingly more somber poetry during her later years.
12. ________ fuel that is used today is a chemical form of solar energy.
13. Blue-green algae are found ________ there is ample moisture.
14. Valley Forge National Park commemorates the time that Washington ________ in Valley Forge with his troops.
15. Efforts to provide equal opportunity for minorities in the United States ________ from the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
16. In practice, setting up a chain of command in a business can be a very complicated task, ________ it involves the interaction of real human beings.
17. Over the past several decades, radio telescopes ________ of the universe from the one disclosed by ordinary telescopes.
18. Copper tubing is the preferred choice of plumbers ________ noncorrosive.
19. ________ when a person doesn’t eat enough fruit and vegetables.
20. There are now ________ methods for studying color vision in infants than there once were.