1. The artistic medium of clay is ________ that images have been found near the remains of fires from the last Ice Age.
2. So far there is no vaccine ________ in sight for the common cold.
3. Children just love computer games, ________ many adults.
4. She wanted to served some coffee to her guests; however, ________.
5. When friends insist on ________ expensive gifts, it makes most Americans uncomfortable.
6. Most foreign students don’t like American coffee, and ________.
7. Burrowing animals provide paths for water in soil, and so do the roots of plants ________.
8. Bees ________ display distinct preferences for different colors, but are also sensitive to ultra-violet light.
9. In the west the birth of a girl is welcomed with an enthusiam ________ to that of a boy.
10. Although most adopted persons want to know who their natural parents are, some who have found them wish that they ________ the experience of meeting.
11. ________ through a telescope, Venus appears to go through changes in size and shape.
12. Sports medicine experts agree that ice should be applied immediately when an athlete suffers an injury to ________ leg.
13. Unless protected areas are established, the Bengal tiger, the blue whale, and the California condor face ________ of extinction.
14. A communications satellite orbits the earth at the same rate that the earth revolves ________ over a fixed point on the surface.
15. ________ is not a new idea.
16. Many modern architects insist on ________ materials native to the region that will blend into the surrounding landscape.
17. ________ were first viewed through a telescope by Galileo.
18. In 1885 photography changed dramatically ________ introduced paper-based film.
19. Before ________ Stephen A. Douglas took part in a series of debates with Lincoln on the slavery issue.
20. The rabbit scurried away in fright ________