|I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]|
Most people enjoy going to restaurants for a bite (=a small amount of something) to eat; however, if you don’t understand the server or the menu, you might only be able to order a glass of water.
- Hi. May I take your order?
>> Yes. I’d like a salad.
- What do you recommend?
>> I recommend the chicken fried steak.
- Could I get the check, please?
>> Yes. I’ll be right back.
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
Listen by pressing the “Play Audio” button. Then, select the correct answer for each or question, which may be missing one or more words. Press the “Final Score” button to check your quiz.
- May I take your order please? (No. We’re not ready yet.)
- Would you care for something to drink? (I’ll take a large Sprite.)
- How would you like your steak? (Medium, please.)
- Would you like bread or potatoes with your meal? (Bread, please.)
- Would you like anything else? (Yes. I’d like more water.)
- How many people are in your party? (Three.)
- What kind of dressing do you want on your salad? (What kinds do you have?)
- Is everything okay with your meal? (So far, so good.)
- Would you like a carryout container for the rest of your meal? (No. I think I’m done.)
- Do you accept personal checks? (No. Only cash or credit cards.)
|III. Post-Listening Exercises [Top]|
Find an online menu of a restaurant in your area and practice ordering food with a partner.