|I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]|
Outside of school and work, many people enjoy spending their free time on their hobbies or other recreation activities. Hobbies can provide ways to develop our talents, relieve stress, and even get exercise.
- What do you do in your free time?
>> I like to go jogging.
- Do you have any hobbies?
>> I like playing tennis and watching old movies.
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
Listen by pressing the “Play Audio” button and select the correct answer for each sentence. Press the “Final Score” button to check your quiz.
- I like to walk in the mountains with my dog. (hiking)
- My dad goes to the city pool twice a week. (swimming)
- He rides his bike to work because it is a good way to get exercise. (bicycling)
- She usually uses watercolors in her artwork. (painting)
- They went to the lake to see if they see any wild ducks. (bird watching)
- How about getting out the board and pieces so we can play? (chess)
- He hit his ball into the water. (golf)
- She loves to plant flowers and vegetables in the spring. (gardening)
- I checked out three very interesting books from the library. (reading)
- You really take beautiful pictures with that camera. (photography)
|III. Post-Listening Exercises [Top]|
Discuss two things you like to do in your free time and why you choose these activities. How often do you do them? Are there any unique hobbies or sports people do in your culture that you might not find in other countries?