I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]
Many people take the bus to go to and from work or travel by bus on their vacations. If you are in a different country, and you don’t understand bus announcements in English, you might end up on the wrong bus to Las Vegas instead of New York. Study the words and bus schedule below before you listen.
- The bus bound for Chicago departs at 8:00 p.m.
- The bus fare costs $90.
- The trip takes 4 hours.
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
Study the bus schedule carefully before you begin. Then, listen by pressing the “Play Audio” button. Then, choose TRUE or FALSE for each sentence, which may be missing one or more words. Press the “Final Score” button to check your quiz.
- The bus to Reno, Nevada, leaves at 9:50 a.m. (False).
- The bus to Boise, Idaho, arrives at 9:35 p.m. (True)
- The bus fare to Seattle, Washington, is one hundred twelve dollars. (False)
- The bus bound for Fresno, California, leaves at 11 O’clock sharp. (True)
- The bus heading to Reno is scheduled to arrive at half past 4:00. (True)
- The bus fare to Boise is eighty-five dollars. (False)
- The bus to Seattle is scheduled to arrive at ten after five. (True)
- The bus to Fresno leaves 20 minutes earlier than the bus to Boise. (False)
- The bus fare to Seattle is just under a hundred dollars. (False)
- The bus trip to Reno takes over seven hours.(True)
|III. Post-Listening Exercises [Top]|
What are the advantages and disadvantages of traveling by bus for business, school, or travel?